Check out our featured stories for you this week in the child-safe world:
- The MOMS Club from Tampa Bay, FL, is going to hold a child safety awareness event this week. Interested parties can see the details from this post.
- NY Senator Schumer moves to get some legislation that will require manufacturers to child-proof dishwashing and laundry detergents. Read the full report by Jim Rondenelli.
- Journalist and TV personality-cum-mom Peaches Geldof sends a plead of a tweet to the Mayor of London following a recent incident where her son fell off his buggy as they trampled over a hole in the pavement.
- It’s National Child Passenger Safety Week! Check out what the advocates at SafeKidsGeorgia.org are planning in celebration of this event.
- Are you 100% sure that you have installed your children’s car seats right? The staff at Mayo Clinic lists the 10 most common car seat mistakes that often lead to accidents.
- Preventable deaths take their toll on the part of the parents after the child has passed. Parents often blame themselves in the end. Read more about child car seat safety from our commentary, “Take a Car Seat Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Ride.”