For this cycle of KidSafe we discussed everything from stopping for a school bus stop sign to modern technology being unsafe for our children. Join us and give us your opinions on this cycles topics.
- Speeding up to pass a school bus when the sign comes out is not only reckless but dangerous as well. Delaney Walker reports for The Cleveland Daily Banner on the subject.
- Child safety and the Internet are major topics today. We constantly preach to parents about the dangers, but what about the children? Jay Grossman reports on the subject for the Observer and Eccentric.
- The increase in children being rushed to emergency rooms for household poisoning is alarming and suspicion is falling on the child safety caps that are supposed to help keep them safe. Jeff Rossen reports on the concern for Today News.
- Many parents are aggravated about the amount of time their children spend with their smartphones and tablets. One dad has a solution. Read all about it, and what it could mean for you, here.
- Kid safety of course, needs to start at home and that would include teaching your child athletes not to post everything they do, and say, on a social media site. For a taste of what can happen, (though it was well-deserved) read Scott Michaux’s article for The Augusta Chronicle.
- Finally, we discussed the fact that modern technology may be turning our kids brains to mush. We talked about old-fashioned pastimes that don’t include the tablet or the cellphone. What do you think of this cycles topics? We would love to hear your opinions.