For this cycle of KidSafe we discussed the fact that Disney is banning children under 14 from entering the park without a parent or guardian and the fact that swaddling may be harmful to a baby. What do you think of this cycles topics? Join us and let us know.
- Disney is implementing a new safety rule in its parks. Children under 14 are not allowed to be in the park alone. For more on the subject read Genevieve Shaw Brown’s article for ABC News.
- Facebook is not the villain to parents that it once was. However, there are new chat sites out there to monitor. What chat sites are your children using?
- Pinwheels for Prevention is hosting its annual child abuse prevention party. For more details read here.
- Is swaddling a safe practice to calm babies? Read one mothers article on the subject for Slate.
- Do child safety rules in the summer go to far? One mom seems to think so. For a funny take on child safety for the summer read this article.
- Swaddling is a big issue at the moment. To swaddle or not to swaddle seems to be the question. Until the scientific facts are handed down that swaddling harms a baby I will continue to be an advocate of swaddling. How about you?