This week in KidSafe we discussed the fact that playgrounds may not be as safe for our kids as we once thought they were. Experts are now saying that maybe they are too safe and don’t teach our children to survive in the real world. Read along and see if you agree with this weeks topics.
- Parents watched on terrified while their children fled in terror when a gunman opened fire as their children exited their North Shore school. Read all about it here.
- Guidelines have been put into place to keep our little ones safe from online sexual predators but what if those safety measures are actually putting them in danger? Read about the concerns in Gillian Burdetts article for Examiner.com.
- The FED’s seized tons of toys that were set to enter the country for Christmas shopping. The toys are said to be full of dangerous lead. Read more about it here.
- Are our playgrounds so safe that they are a danger to our children? Jennifer Rainey Marquez reports here.
- The rumors that the state mismanaged funds that were to be used for kids safety is being investigated. Michael Gardner reports.
- Finally, we discussed the fact that the playgrounds we thought had been made safe for our children, may in fact not be.