Child safety has been a major concern for a number of years, now experts are starting to think that maybe we went a little overboard. Follow along with this weeks topics and give us your opinion.
- Are backyard trampolines a true safety hazard for our children? Experts seem to think so. Read here and see if you agree.
- Kids inflatable bouncy houses have become very popular over the last few years. Experts however are now reporting that they may be just too dangerous for children. Greg Webb reports for The Legal Examiner on the subject.
- As Christmas approaches, authorities are asking parents to be extra careful with monitoring their children’s online activities. Read all about it in John Dias in depth look for News Channel 5.
- Childrens advocate groups recently released their annual list of toys not to buy your children this Christmas. For the entire list and the reasons behind the recommendations read here.
- The BC Coalition is asking for Facebook to increase it’s child safety on the web. They say that Facebook should be a social media site that parents can trust not fear. Read all about the plea here.
- Finally, we discussed the fact that children do need to be protected, from a mom’s point of view, and the best way to do that. Read here and see if you agree.