This week, we talk about various child safety aspects, from cyber protection to road safety. Read on to find out more:
- Senator Hopgood is pushing for more support for the Children’s Protection Act where parents guilty of sexual crimes may be denied of their rights to parental custody of their children.
- Sime Darby collaborates with Childline Malaysia Project to organize forum where children will be the ones leading discussions on child safety. Zero-tolerance policy is adopted, so be sure to check that you are not violating any of the regulations!
- Free child safety seat inspections are offered by the Pennsylvania State Police in conjunction with the National “Click it or Ticket” campaign.
- In this report by Emily Bourke, the topic of cyber safety is raised up. Facebook may draw the most criticism but another social media should be given due attention too.
- Blackston couple is now guilty of child endangering for abusing their twelve year old daughter and locking her up in the basement despite lacking sufficient evidence.
- Last but not least, our focus for this week will delve further into the topic of the Children’s Protection Act and how the sex offender registry may not be an accurate gauge.