For this cycle of Kidsafe we discussed everything from a safe new gaming platform for kids, to a widow who is making a difference since her husband’s senseless death in a school shooting. Join us and give us your thoughts.
- Fingerprint Digital just announced a gaming platform that will keep your kids entertained as well as safe on the Internet. Read the article in VentureBeat for more details.
- At what age is it safe to leave a child home alone? Dr. Komaroff gives some pointers, as well as safety rules that should be stressed when the decision is made.
- Lindsay Mannering reports for The Stir on a boy who saved his family by texting for help from a locked bathroom. Read here for the full story.
- The NRA gun safety program has been a huge hit with children. Read Howard Roden’s report for The Courier on the program and its success.
- The widow of a man who was shot in a school shooting in 2005 has made it her mission to keep children safe. This is a very courageous and honorable thing to do. Read more about the shooting and the widow’s mission at Wate.com.
- Finally, we discussed the people who are left behind to deal with tragedies such as the Newtown school shooting, and applauded the sheer effort they make to move on.