For this cycle of Kidsafe we discussed everything from choosing a favorite child (really?) to a device that stops teenagers from texting and driving. Join us and let us know what you think of this cycle’s topics.
- While the majority of parents would never dream of choosing a favorite child, believe it or not it does happen. Find out how this can negatively affect the entire family structure in Devan McGuinness’ article for Babble.com.
- A group known as Kids in Danger recently brought it to everyone’s attention that while product recalls are dropping, injuries to children from the same products are on the rise. Find out more on the subject on Boston.com.
- Ronnie Rucker has done parents everywhere a huge service by inventing a device that will stop teens from texting and driving. Read all about it here.
- Texas may soon be offering gun training classes to its high school students. What do you think of the proposed bill?
- A new probiotic-derived treatment is said to be able to help premature newborns survive a condition known as NEC (necrotizing enterocolitis). For more information on the treatment visit Science Daily.
- Finally, we discussed the alien concept – at least to me – of choosing a favorite child. How could you decide who was your favorite? It’s insane! What do you think?