For this cycle of Kidsafe we discussed everything from Chuck E. Cheese’s security measures to the tragedy of missing children. Come in and tell us what you think of this week’s KidSafe topics.
- Missing children is a scary subject. Most people think that when a child goes missing it’s usually because of a stranger. Actually, it is usually a parent abduction. Tony Loftis reports for the Huffington Post.
- A recent article about a TV toppling and ending the life of a two-year old little girl has gotten parents thinking about the dangers in their home. Read about the tragedy here.
- Chuck E. Cheese’s has a better security system than most of America’s schools according to Victor Fiorillo of The Philly Post. Read his article and see if you agree.
- Many child deaths, if they are accidental or due to illness, are not widely reported to the public. See what one panel review board is doing about it on OA Online.
- Blaming Hollywood for gun violence is just a cop-out according to Ronald D. Rotunda of The Washington Times. Read all about it in this article.
- Finally, we discussed missing children and the fact that many of them are abducted by a parent. Most of us don’t think that can be as bad as being abducted by a stranger, but do we really know for sure?