For this cycle of KidSafe we discussed everything from hazards in your child’s school cafeteria to teaching your children to swim at an early age. Join us and tell us what you think of our topics this cycle.
- Kidsafe Youth Program Inc. is celebrating its 20th year. For more information on the program and the event, read this article on PRWeb.
- School cafeterias may not be the safest places in the world for our children to eat. See why, in Monica Buchanan’s article for NBC Connecticut.
- Tragedy was narrowly averted in Victoria recently, prompting one mom to start teaching children to swim right away. This is a tragedy that could happen anywhere in the world, including America. Teach your children to swim early not only for the fun of it, but to possibly save their lives as well.
- Guns in the wrong hands can spell disaster, as we all know from many years of tragic events that should have been avoided. The question remains: should children be taught how to shoot a gun at an early age? Brent Hunsaker reports for ABC 4.
- Cell phones are finding their ways into our children’s little hands earlier every year. What can we do to protect our children on devices that don’t have parental control options? Tanith Carey gives some tips on how to keep them safe, for the Mirror.
- Finally, we discussed the fact that teaching our children to swim is an important safety concern. Being around the water is just as dangerous as being around a gun. Both can lead to tragedy if our children are not taught properly. What do you think?