School cafeterias have recently made the news in a big way. Everything from peanut-free cafeterias to the fact that our school’s lunch rooms may not be the safest place for our children to eat has been causing major controversy. Read on to see what side of the lunch room you fall on.
- Stranger danger has come to the polls this election, so be careful who you hand your ballots to.
- Parents in Flinders are being cautioned to warn their children against talking to strangers after a boy was approached recently. You can read about it here.
- Police officers are talking to children about stranger danger after the tragic death of Jessica Ridgeway. While we don’t want to scare our children, we do want to keep them safe by teaching them the ins and outs of safety.
- It looks like school cafeterias in the metro area are falling down on the job. Read about it in Jennifer Kraus’ article for NewsChannel5.com.
- Safe Touch has a 30-year history that it is very proud of. You can read about the program and its accomplishments here.
- Finally, this week we dove into the controversy surrounding peanut-free school cafeterias. This is a major issue at the moment. Peanut-free or not? Where do you stand?