SIDS continues to be the number one killer of children between the ages of one month and one year of age. Strides are being made everyday in the fight to prevent, and discover just what causes the condition. Until then, the best we can do is try to raise awareness, and take steps to prevent it from happening.
- It is estimated that over 2,300 babies in America alone die from SIDS every year. In “10 Tips For Safe Sleep,” some tips are given for keeping your infant safe.
- In “Safe Sleep For Your Baby,” statistics for suffocation and infants were given, along with some safety tips to keep it from happening.
- In “Safe Sleep For Infants in Childcare Programs: Reducing The Risk Of SIDS And SUID,” we read about California revamping their guidelines to protect their children.
- In “SIDS: Reducing Your Baby’s Risk,” we took a look at what is thought to cause SIDS, and what can be done to prevent it.
- October is the month that we most try to raise awareness for SIDS. Read more about it in “October Is SIDS, Pregnancy And Infant Loss Awareness Month.”
- Finally, we had a discussion about what SIDS is, and what are thought to be the contributing factors for infants succumbing to it.